We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Beef Tenderloin 800 gr
- Puff pastry 600 gr
- Champignons 500 gr
- Onion 1 pc.
- Bacon 4-6 strips
- Mustard 2 tbsp
- Thyme a few twigs
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Egg yolk 2 pcs.
- Sesame seeds 10 gr
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Butter 15 gr
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Mushrooms, Puff Pastry
- Serving 5 servings
- World CuisineEnglish Cuisine
knife, oven, bowl, cling film, rolling pin
1. Get beef out of the refrigerator in advance, clean from films. The meat should be at room temperature for 3-4 hours, so that with further cooking, the middle does not remain raw. Good salt.
2. In a mixture of vegetable and butter, fry the garlic and thyme to make the butter fragrant. Make sure that thyme and garlic are not burnt, immediately remove them from the pan at the first sign of burning.
3. Seal the beef from all sides and from the ends, too, frying until golden brown for a minute and a half on each side. At this stage, we need to set a crust and seal all the juices inside the meat, inside it remains raw and will be cooked in the oven.
4. Remove the meat from the pan, coat with mustard on all sides, pepper, cover with foil and leave to rest.
5. Now let's deal with the duplex. Duxel is a mixture of very finely chopped mushrooms and onions.
6. In the oil that remains after roasting the beef, first fry the onions until transparent, then add the mushrooms. We evaporate all the excess liquid and fry the mushrooms until golden, add salt, black pepper and thyme to taste. Remove the duxel from the pan and let it cool completely.
7. On the plastic wrap lay strips of bacon, on top of the duxel We shift the meat to mushrooms and with the help of cling film we wrap the tenderloin.
8. Roll out the puff pastry into a layer. We carefully release the roll from the cling film and transfer to the dough, grease the edges of the dough with egg yolk. We wrap the roll in the dough, cut the excess dough.
9. Top the dough with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
10. For the degree of readiness of the "medium" I baked for 15 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees and 15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. If necessary, roll can be covered with foil so that the dough does not burn.
11. We remove the prepared Wellington beef from the mold so that the meat does not dry out and leave it to rest for 15-20 minutes, covering it with foil and a towel so that all the juices inside the meat evenly disperse. Cut into portions 2-3 cm wide and serve!