We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Jamie has created 10 delicious recipes that will give you all the skills you need to learn how to cook proper, nutritious food for you and your family.
We’ve teamed up with our amazing food ambassadors to bring you some really special twists on Jamie’s 10 recipes. After seeing what they came up with for their twists on a simple cheese omelette, classic tomato spaghetti, DIY oaty fruit cereal, simple houmous and simple green salad with lemon dressing and salmon & pesto-dressed veg. This time we tasked them to create their own versions of Jamie’s minestrone soup.
1. SMOKY TOMATO SOUP WITH CHORIZO, BUTTER BEANS & SPINACH BY JENNA SINCLAIR FROM RAW RHUBARB
2. LATE SUMMER VEGETABLE SOUP WITH BASIL PISTOU BY DONNA CASTELLANO FROM THE HANGING SPOON
3. MEXICAN MINESTRONE BY GEORGIA HARDING FROM WELL NOURISHED
4. TOMATO & LENTIL SOUP BY SHELLEY JUDGE FROM SHELLEY’S GOOD EATS
5. MINESTRONE-STYLE PASTA SALAD BY MARDI MICHELS FROM EAT LIVE TRAVEL WRITE
6. HEART FARMERS’ MARKET VEGETABLE SOUP BY JEN FARR FROM KITCHEN COUNTER CHRONICLES
7. SUMMER HARVEST MINESTRONE BY TERRI SALMINEN AT RECIPE WRITINGS AND FOOD MEMORIES
8. MINESTRONE WITH A TWIST BY BETTINA CAMPOLUCCI-BORDI FROM BETTINA’S KITCHEN
9. EASY NOODLE SOUP WITH A POACHED EGG BY JENNY BLAKENEY FROM REAL FOOD SCOUT
10. FRENCH ONION SOUP BY ALEX HODGKINSON-LAST FROM FOOD FIT FOR FELIX
Have you got your own twist on Jamie’s easy minstrone soup?
Minestrone with Cheese Tortellini
Minestrone with Cheese Tortellini is packed full of delicious vegetables and flavor. A twist on the traditional minestrone, with tortellini instead of plain pasta, this soup is a complete meal and the ultimate comfort food. Serve with Herb Focaccia. Use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (32-ounce) boxes vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag California-style frozen mixed vegetables, not thawed
- 1 (15½-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) bag cheese tortellini
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and peppers cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, frozen vegetables, and kidney beans. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tortellini float to the top.
3. Ladle into bowls, garnish with basil and cheese, and serve with Herb Focaccia.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.
Loaded with vegetables and plant powered fibre, my next twist on Jamie Oliver’s recipes to save your life” is a Mexican Minestrone. It may be a soup, but trust me this is no starter!
As part of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, I was one of 10 people selected world-wide to put my spin on 10 of Jamie’s favourite staple recipes. This is #7, my twist on Jamie’s ‘Minestrone’
Jamie Oliver Has the Perfect Soup Recipe That Fits Whatever You Have in the Fridge
Everyone can relate to that moment when you get home from work, open your fridge, and have absolutely no idea what to make for dinner. Having a go-to meal that’s flexible enough to fit whatever veggies and ingredients you’ve got on hand is the key to avoiding a throw-up-your-hands-in-defeat-and-order-takeout experience. And chef Jamie Oliver just shared a Minestrone soup recipe that can easily be tailored to what you actually have in your fridge to cook with right now.
Oliver shared his creation on Instagram writing, “A bit of a comforting soup for this evening or lunches tomorrow. It’s an easy one to knock up, if like me you have the kids running around you at home… just tweak according to the veggies you have in the house use the best of your freezer and store cupboard, let it flex for you. Recipe in my bio. Who needs more lunch inspo??”
We do! And quick, healthy, and easy is music to our ears. This soup really does check all the boxes for the perfect last-minute meal.
There are so many creative ways to go about making this and Oliver shares a few on his website. He says to use whatever veggies and stock you can get your hands on &mdash and if you’re out of pasta just use rice instead! A serving of this hearty soup comes in at around 171 calories and less than 4 grams of fat.
It’s another dinner winner from one of our favorite chefs &mdash his easy Peri Peri chicken, from his new cookbook 7 Ways: Easy Ideas for Every Day of the Week, is another &mdash and here’s hoping that he keeps sharing easy meal solutions!
Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you&rsquoll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
Minestrone soup recipes
Make a warming bowl of minestrone soup with plenty of vegetables and pasta. These simple yet versatile recipes are perfect for an easy lunch or filling supper.
Classic minestrone soup
Whip up this classic Italian vegetable soup with a rich tomato base and pasta. It's low in calories and packed with fibre and vitamin C
Hearty pasta soup
Do something different with a pack of tortellini. This filling soup is full of fibre and veg, plus it's low in fat. The perfect lunch or supper
Minestrone in minutes
Whip up a hearty bowl of soup in next to no time, perfect for a quick lunch or warming supper
This simple soup makes the most of Spring veg and will become a favourite standby for a quick lunch or supper
A warm and comforting turkey soup recipe to put your Christmas leftovers to good use. Easy to prepare and low fat, this soup is a perfect post-Christmas pick me up
The 10 Most Popular Soup Recipes of 2020
During this objectively tough year, it’s perhaps no surprise we’ve been turning to soup—one of the most universally comforting dishes there is. As Virginia Woolf once said, “Soup is cuisine’s kindest course.” Beyond their ability to fortify the spirits, each one of these recipes is damn delicious too. We’re talking about a Taiwanese-style beef noodle soup laced with an entire Dutch oven’s worth of caramelized onions. A vegan(!) take on cream of mushroom so creamy, earthy, and silky you’ll wonder why the OG ever included dairy in the first place. And a brothy fish number bursting with jammy tomatoes and zippy lime. Here you’ll find this year’s 10 most popular soup recipes, starting with No. 1.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 short stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 quarts (8 cups) low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth if vegetarian
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cut green beans (frozen - no need to thaw)
- 6 ounces dried short pasta (like cavatelli or orecchiette)
- 3 handfuls (roughly 3 cups) fresh spinach (not baby), coarsely chopped
Italian Secrets To Making The Best Minestrone Soup
- Always start making minestrone with Onion, Carrot and Celery mix &ndash known as Soffritto or a Holy Trinity of Italian Cuisine. Most soups and ragu sauces start with this veggie trio. All other flavors build up on this.
- Even though you can use just any leftover veggies you have in the fridge, true secret to delicious Grandma minestrone soup lies in fresh veggies from Sunday farmer&rsquos market.
- If you&rsquore not planning to consume all the soup in one go, cook pasta in a separate pot instead of cooking it directly in the soup pot.
Add it to your minestrone (just to the part you&rsquore going to consume immediately) before serving.
Otherwise pasta will become overcooked and make minestrone too mushy.
Same applies for rice and other grains like farro, barley (orzo) etc.
- Once all the hard veggies and water or broth are in the pot, add a piece of Parmesan cheese rind. Yes, just the rind. It&rsquos a game changer. And most well kept secret (just kidding). Seriously though, it burst the flavor of veggies and broth 10x.
Simmer the veggies with Parmesan rind and finish cooking Minestrone as normally. Take out the rind before serving.
20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoy
Warm up with this delicious chicken and mushroom soup - a true family favourite.
Make yourself toasty warm with this thick, creamy mushroom soup, infused with garlic and olive oil.
A true winter classic, pea and ham soup makes a satisfying lunch or dinner, and is divine served up in tiny cups for a winter cocktail party treat.
This creamy and fragrant vegetable soup works well as a feel-good meal starter in spring and autumn, or as a classic winter warmer.
Get your nutritious vegies while you warm your body and soul.
Roasting tomatoes first adds a depth of flavour to this tasty tomato soup while the broccoli pesto gives it an added freshness.
Warm, healthy and delicious- this curried vegetable soup is the perfect winter dinner for any night of the week. Suitable for the 2-Day Fast Diet.
This fresh and flavoursome gazpacho with feta and prawns certainly ticks all the boxes for dinner tonight - easy to prepare, nourishing, and oh-so-tasty!
Hot, creamy and hearty, this beautiful comfort food recipe is absolutely beautiful and fragrant after slow cooking all day. The combination of sweet pumpkin and cream will warm your body and soul.
This Chinese style soup is very refreshing if you're looking for a quick and easy meat-free meal.
Spice things up tonight with this sour Vietnamese soup. Light, fresh, and full of mouthwatering flavour. Suitable for the 2-Day Fast Diet.
This traditional Asian dish is a savoury porridge made with rice, often served with meat and enjoyed any time of the day - even for breakfast! It's a great option for a wholesome, nourishing meal.
Warm up the family with this hearty beef and vegetable soup on a cold winter's night.
Keep warm this winter with this beautiful, filling soup with a nutritious seed topping.
Creamy pumpkin soup with an added walnut crunch. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Spice up dinner tonight with this authentic flavoursome Mexican spicy fish soup! Full of fresh, wholesome ingredients - the whole family will be coming back for more!
Quinoa is one of only a handful of vegetarian ingredients that on their own contain all nine essential amino acids, making it a perfect meat substitute. Veg it up! By leaving the chicken out of the guacamole.
Chrissy Teigen's Minestrone Soup Recipe Includes Thick Slices of Crispy Chili Toast
Chrissy Teigen's recipes have never let me down. From her banana bread to her drunken noodles, everything of hers I make I love, so when I discovered her minestrone soup recipe, it seemed like the perfect hearty, cozy, and healthy recipe to try in February. I already love minestrone, but her addition of chili mayo toasts take this recipe from simple to downright restaurant-quality. My boyfriend isn't a soup person, but we were practically fighting over the toasts!
The soup itself is fairly straightforward: you start with a base of onions, carrots, and celery, then add canned ingredients (thanks for the easy recipe, Chrissy!) like green beans, diced tomatoes, and cannellini beans. Read the recipe carefully, because only certain canned ingredients need to be drained. Bring everything to a boil, toss in some pasta, and cook until the pasta is tender. I'd never made soup with pasta in it, but now that I know how well noodles can absorb the flavor of the broth, I'm never going back.
The chili mayo toasts are also easy: you brush baguette slices with chili oil and mayo, then broil until toasty. If you can't find chili oil, Chrissy's recipe is wonderfully simple: just simmer one cup of vegetable oil with two tablespoons of red pepper flakes for five minutes, then let it cool.
I love the creative twists that Chrissy puts on traditional recipes, and her chili mayo toasts are no exception. I also tried using parmesan in place of the mayo, and those toasts were equally amazing. I'd definitely recommend this soup if you need a cozy meal, or to feed a crowd! It's easy, thanks to the canned ingredients, and sure to impress, thanks to Chrissy's creativity.
Chicken and Dumplings Soup
Mitch Mandel and Thomas MacDonald
This chicken and dumplings recipe has many of the core flavors of chicken noodle soup—root vegetables, savory broth, and shredded chicken—but it is made more substantial by the addition of a roux to thicken the soup base and help create those fluffy dumplings.
Get our recipe for Chicken and Dumplings.